Post-Doctoral Fellow: ARECO, ICMUB, University of Bourgogne, Dijon, France (November 2008 to October 2009)
List of Publications:
1) Electrochemical homolytic and heterolytic coupling of activated olefins in the absence and presence of benzylbromide in microemulsion. J. Appl Electrochem. 38 (2008) 597-603.
2) The effect of structure of oil phase, surfactant and co-surfactant on the physicochemical and electrochemical properties of bicontinuous microemulsion. J. Colloid Interface Sci. 314 (2007) 712-717.
3) Electrochemical destruction of p-chlorophenol and p-nitrophenol –influence of surfactants and anode materials. Chemosphere 69 (2007) 254-261.
4) Voltammetric analysis of hydroquinone, ascorbic acid, nitrobenzene and benzyl chloride in aqueous, non-aqueous, micellar and microemulsion media. Colloid Polym Sci. 285 (2006) 39-48.
5) Gallium recovery from Bayer’s liquor using hydroxamic acid resin J. Appl Polym Sci 92 (2004) 847-855.
6) Electrocarboxylation and related radical coupling processes of aryl and benzyl halides in microemulsion Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, 39(2009) 463
Awards and Honours:
· Senior Research fellowship award, CSIR, New Delhi, India – 2007
· Diamond Jubilee Research Internship award, CSIR, New Delhi, India – 2003
· University Rank in post graduation (M.Sc., Chemistry)– VI rank, Bharathidasan University, India
Electro organic synthesis of commercially important compounds
· Electro synthesis of nano particles and nano porous materials
· Electro analysis of organic compounds in different environments like micelles and microemulsions
· Electro chemical detoxification of environmentally toxic compounds