In keeping with the current trend of globalization and networking, Stella Maris College has signed the following MoUs and initiated collaboration with prestigious National Institutes of Higher Education.
- In April 2014, Stella Maris College (Autonomous) has signed an MoU with National Foundation for CSR (NFCSR) of Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs, New Delhi. SMC is one of fifteen partners in India to offer the nine month certificate programme in CSR. Stella Maris Centre for Networking & Communications (SMCNC) will administer the certificate course - ICP - CSR
- In November 2013, the Department of English, Stella Maris College (Autonomous), has signed an MoU with Exeter Premedia Services Private Ltd. to conduct a 36-hour Certificate Course in Copyediting.
- In September 2011, Stella Maris College signed an MoU with Pivot Animation, Chennai.
- In April 2011, Stella Maris College signed an MoU with IGCAR, Kalpakkam.
- In 2010 Stella Maris College signed an MoU with CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants), UK. The CIMA Student Study Centre has been launched with support from PIRON Education Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
- The Department of Social Work has entered into an International Partnership with Liverpool Hope University, Liverpool, U.K. for Cross Cultural Research and Field Work Supervision.
- The Chemistry Department has signed an MoU with the Central Leather Research Institute, Chennai.
- In 2008 the Department of International Studies signed MoUs with the Institute of Social Studies and the Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies, both based in New Delhi.
- The Department of Commerce, Stella Maris College signed an MoU for a Student Exchange Programme with the IESEG School of Management, Lille Catholic University on December 24, 2007. Since then, three students from IESEG attend two semesters of study in the second year of the B.Com course each year. Five students of Commerce from Stella Maris College have attended one semester at IESEG since the year 2009.
- In 2005, the Department of International Studies signed an MOU with the Institut Catholique d' Etudes Superieures, Nantes, France. This student exchange programme permits students of Political Science and International Relations to earn the necessary credits for their overseas programme requirement in Stella Maris College. Over a period of five years 9 students from ICES have completed two semesters of study in the department.