The Career Guidance Cell (CGC) is an initiative of the Alumnae Association of Stella Maris College. It was started in the year 2003, and it stands out as a unique service when compared to its counterparts in other Arts and Science colleges in India. It draws on the rich expertise of the Alumnae who are heading various organizations in India and abroad. It provides comprehensive services in the area of training, options regarding higher studies, internships and full-time placements for both undergraduate and post-graduate students.
Objectives of the Cell
· To expose students to the culture of Global Organisations
· To create awareness of Organisations’ expectations from young talent
· To provide available information on jobs, positions, opportunities
· To conduct workshops, seminars and special events to assist students in career planning
· To develop employment opportunities and foster partnerships with corporates to facilitate on- and off-campus recruitments
· To enhance services through innovative technology, programme development and continuous updating of resources
Ms. Sarala Vasu heads this team of volunteers who work throughout the year.
The present CGC members are:
Campus Recruitment: 2014-15
In the last academic year 65% of our students who registered for campus recruitment were placed in various companies.
Some of the companies that recruited our students are Goldman Sachs, McKinsey, KPMG, Price Waterhouse Coopers, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, World Bank, WIPRO, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Tech Mahindra, Boston Consulting Group, The Royal Bank of Scotland, Sutherland and Thomson Reuters
Contact us at: email@example.com